Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me

I love my birthday. I never used to... maybe because I was worried about getting old or because I had no one except my parents to make a fuss over me. Now I don’t care about the numbers, and my husband and kids always spoil me, and my friends remember me and I feel loved.

This year (as in many years past) my dad sent me a card with a check in it. I used to put that birthday check up in the bills/checks file and deposit it in the bank without ever doing anything for me. But this year I decided to spend it on me... all $100 of it.

And this is what I bought:

Three Kindle books...

The Virgin Cure by Ami McKay


The Light Between Oceans by ML Stedman


Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King


Next I visited the Pandora store and bought two beads...

791034EN30

790653

And finally with the leftover couple bucks, I bought a delicious Starbuck’s vanilla latte.

It was really fun to pick out things for myself... things I wanted, not things I needed. And I did not feel guilty about it because it was money meant for exactly that purpose. Thanks dad :-)

If you had $100 and you had to spend it on yourself, what would you buy with it?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you gave yourself a so many treats! You above all deserve it!

Hugs,
D

Anna Alexandrova said...

Happy birthday! Here's to little pleasures!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday!

The Light Between Oceans is awesome. :)

Becca said...

I always put the money in with the bills, too. :-( Hmmm...to spend it on myself...what a novel idea! I really want a new camera lens, but $100 would be only half of it. So, to be practical, I'd probably, uh, um, hmmm...no clue. LOL

Lisa Morguess said...

I'd probably spend it on books. The Light Between Oceans is a really good book - I second that!

TUC said...

@Lisa You are the reason I bought it... your review of it sold me :-)

Post a Comment

Go ahead, say it.