1. To what degree a government can provide services to 100% of its people, and to what percent it can tax the income of its working people to pay for these services, before it has to change its name from Capitalist to Socialist?
2. Why shouldn’t capital gains be taxed at a hefty rate?
3. Why we are still fighting over abortion? Before you answer, consider this... I have a friend who is newly pregnant. She is frightened. Her IUD failed. She and her husband have no money and already have 5 children. He works and she gave up her job to stay home with a medically fragile child. Without charitable support, her only options are abortion or adoption. Wouldn’t it be great if this troubled mother could avoid turing to social programs because some pro-life family or families decided to adopt her and her family. Let me know if you’re interested.
4. Who believes that complete de-regulation would not result in massive environmental and food supply pollution, financial rip-offs, and dangerous working conditions?
5. Where do you draw the line between a social safety net and a social hammock?
6. Why are we still fighting over same-sex marriage? (Some of my favorite people are... OMG, don’t say it!!!!!! gay. I do not believe their relationships are in any way negatively affecting my life or the lives of my children. And I don’t think they can do any more damage to the institution of marriage than we hetros have already done.)
7. What annual pre-tax income for a family of 4 would you consider to be rich? Now I know where you live, or rather where our imaginary family lives, makes a difference so go ahead and use your own region.
8. What is the highest percentage of combined Federal and State income taxes that you would consider fair for any working person to pay?
9. Why are we allowing American companies to take their resources and new jobs overseas without penalty?
10. Where is all the lottery income going? (Wasn’t it supposed to fund school budgets?)
11. Who watched the GOP debate in Vegas and wasn’t left awestruck by the lack of decent leadership available for us to choose from?
12. Does anyone truly believe that Obama won’t wipe the floor with Romney’s suave grin during the debates if Romney is selected as the GOP nominee?
13. And, just to make this a baker’s dozen, would you pay $16 for a breakfast muffin?
I am honestly interested in your answers to any or all of the questions. But please keep the discourse polite... we hear enough political nastiness on MSNBC and FOX News.
A Step By Step Guide to Menu Planning - Have you ever wondered why you struggle to master meal planning? I’ve had the same challenges, in fact I only discovered the many benefits of menu plannin...